How to Create Mood Board•
Posted on November 30 2020
When it comes to designing a new collection, one of the most important parts of the design process is creating an idea board. Creating an idea board helps you discover your style, gathers research on the latest achievements and inspires the designer for your collection. Where to start?
While an idea board displays everything about your work and idea together, it is also important to have an idea of the concept of your collection and the main trends and design of each collection for different seasons - with the help of an idea board or Mood board You know exactly what you are looking for and what you need to prepare for your collection and ideas and you are on a creative path.
Here are some key points to keep in mind before you begin:
- The Concept of Your Collection - What attracts your attention and inspires you? You can get inspiration from almost anywhere, including nature, cultures, places and even current affairs. Consider the latest developments and any predictions to continue that you are aware of.
- Color path - research on the main colors of the season inspires you. You should mention the color path and trends that you have considered for your collection on the idea board.
- Key Shapes - When designing a new collection, be sure to consider key shapes that fit your season and brand. They may have impressive sleeves, long waists for clothing, or fabrics on the wristband. For inspiration on key shapes, take a look at the world's most popular collections, and find key shapes using your brand style.
- Details - As part of your review, check out the latest trends in detail. Do your designs contain special borders, decorations, or prints? Everything is in detail!
- Fabrics - Designers often play a big role in providing fabrics for their collections, so be sure to research the fabrics you need for your collection according to quality, design, and trends.
Examine the textures that are used for each season and that you should use with your brand creativity and style.
The interesting thing about idea boards is that you can be as creative as you like.
There are many inspirational resources available that you can use when collecting images for your idea board. All you have to do is make sure that everything you collect inspires you and generates great ideas.
Here are some suggestions on how to look or get an appointment for
- catwalks: Fashion Week is the best place to find inspiration and anticipate trends. Always be one step ahead of your competitors by visiting the show of some smaller brands and even big brands in the fashion house! The biggest and most popular brands in the world are also looking for ideas to create their new collections.
- Street style - what is incredible about fashion is that everyone has their style and the freedom to choose and interpret it in their way. Why not get inspired by the people closest to you?
- Fashion Magazines - Magazines such as Vogue, Grazia, and Tatler constantly show the latest trends in the world. These reports are about the latest fashion shows in the biggest fashion shows, showing the best collections and samples of popular brands or the latest campaigns held in the fashion industry, a magazine is a good source for collecting ideas and inspiration for you.
mood board Your idea board will make a big contribution to the design process of your collection or products - this board will be created as your "guide" to ensure that you are committed to your research and ideas.
Do you have any other tips for creating a Mood board idea board? When you are done, you are ready to start designing your collection. Good luck!
How to Create Mood ...
Creating an idea board helps you discover your style, gathers research on the latest achievements and inspires the designer for your collection.Read More
Copenhagen Fashion ...
A look back at the highlights of Copenhagen Fashion Week SS21Read More
Solamordesign Studio is a workplace for designers to conceive, design, and produce clothing and related products.Read More